Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of the transactions you make from Wilkes & Stone (i.e. adding to bag, checking out and completing a purchase)
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or information that you otherwise provide to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website (i.e. Email, address, name and telephone number)
- Contacting Wilkes & Stone customer care, either about an order or for any other reason
- Clicking on Wilkes & Stone banners, hyperlinks etc
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies including shopping habits and preferences
How We Use Your Information
We use your information in the following ways:
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you and your computer
- To carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- To customise the service, we provide to you by hand picking information which we feel may interest you
- To send you newsletters, promotions or other information about our products and services by post, e-mail or SMS
- To carry out market research and tracking of sales data
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that can be stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. These files are typically used to hold your user preferences, to store important data as you browse the website (such as the contents of your shopping basket), or to find out if you have browsed the website before.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You can easily change the way cookies are handled on your computer by adjusting the cookie settings within your internet browser. It is also possible to manage which websites are allowed to create cookies on your computer as well as view or delete cookies that have already been stored. Further information about cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
Protecting Your Security
At Wilkes & Stone, we are always striving to make sure your information is protected. As soon as we receive your information, we use various security features and procedures to try and protect personal information that you provide and to prevent unauthorised access to that information. For example:
- We offer secure ‘’https’’ access to all transactional parts of our website.
- All access to your data on Wilkes & Stone is password protected and sensitive data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Wilkes & Stone services.
- To protect any data, you store on our severs, we regularly monitor our systems for possible attacks, as well as carrying out penetration testing of our own on those systems to try to identify possible improvements
We will always try our best to protect your personal data, however there are many things that we recommend you do to help. These are the following:
- You can keep your account safe by using a strong password that includes 8 or more characters with upper-case characters, lower-case characters, numbers and symbols.
- We highly encourage to not use the same password across all or many of your existing online accounts.
Changes To This Privacy & Cookies Policy
We are constantly looking for new ways to improve our website. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, we will make that clear on the Wilkes & Stone website. From time to time please check this page to review any changes to ensure you are happy with them.